Feeling a bit over the whole plantation shutter scene, hey? Believe me, we understand that all-too-familiar itch for a change when gazing at those old faithfuls on our windows. Considering us Aussies tend to spend around 22 hours a week cooped up inside, it’s hardly surprising we’re keen as mustard to shake things up in our homes.
Our yarn today is chokers with clever ideas and savvy styles to transform those tried-and-true window shutters into proper eye-catching features of your home. So grab a cuppa, settle in and let’s get cracking on sparking that inspiration!
- Plantation shutters can be used as room dividers, headboards, and to add privacy in shared spaces.
- Old shutters can be turned into wall art, decor for holding photos or plates, or even storage shelves for small items.
- For a personal touch in home décor, you can paint plantation shutters or decorate the slats with fabric.
- When picking out plantation shutters, match their colors and patterns with your room for a nice look.
- Shutters are not just good looking – they also help control light coming into rooms and can save energy by keeping heat or cold out.
Creative Ways to Use Plantation Shutters in Interior Design
Utilise plantation shutters as room dividers and headboards to add a touch of elegance and functionality to your space. Get creative with repurposed shutters as wall art, decor, or
storage solutions, and accessorise with rods, rings, tiebacks, and valances for a personalised touch.
Room dividers and headboards
We love finding new ways to use plantation shutters in our homes. They add a special touch that makes rooms look great.
- Separate spaces with style: Use plantation shutters as room dividers. They let light through while giving you privacy. You can open or close them as you like.
- Create a unique headboard: Mount shutters behind your bed for a cool headboard. Paint them to match your room or leave them with a vintage look.
- Mix and match: Combine different sizes of shutters to divide larger areas. This makes the space more interesting.
- Easy to move: Put shutters on wheels to make movable room dividers. This is great for changing up your space whenever you want.
- Add personal touches: Hang pictures or decorations on the shutter slats. It gives personality to both sides of the divider.
- Adjustable privacy levels: Tilt the slats for more or less privacy in your room, perfect for shared spaces.
- DIY project fun: Customise old shutters with paint or fabric to fit your interior design theme.
Wall art, decor, and storage
- Create an eye – catching display by hanging a set of painted or distressed shutters on a blank wall. Use them as a backdrop for showcasing framed photos, artwork, or decorative plates.
- Install narrow shelves between the slats of the shutters to create unique storage for small plants, candles, or other knick-knacks.
- For a rustic touch, repurpose old shutters as cabinet doors in your kitchen or bathroom. This DIY project can instantly add character and charm to your space.
- Use shutters with built – in hooks or pegs to hang jewellery, scarves, or hats in your bedroom or dressing area.
- Turn a pair of shutters into a stylish cork board by adding cork panels to the slats. This functional yet decorative piece can help you stay organised while adding visual interest to your home office or kitchen.
Accessorising with rods, rings, tiebacks, and valances
When accessorising with rods, rings, tiebacks, and valances for your plantation shutters, consider the style and functionality you want to achieve. Pick hardware that complements the design of your shutters and adds a touch of personality to your windows.
Choose rods and rings in materials and finishes that match your existing decor or create an eye-catching contrast. Additionally, carefully select tiebacks and valances that enhance the overall look rather than overshadowing the beauty of your plantation shutters.
For a cohesive appearance, opt for hardware that coordinates with the colours and patterns in your space. Play around with different options to find a perfect balance between practicality and visual appeal.
Tips for Decorating with Plantation Shutters
When decorating with plantation shutters, it’s important to choose complementary colours and patterns for a cohesive look. Consider the size and shape of your windows, as well as
the type of shutters that will work best for your space.
Think about functionality and practicality when selecting your window treatments.
Choose complementary colours and patterns
When choosing colours and patterns for your plantation shutters, consider complementary options that work well with the existing decor. Harmonising the colours of the shutters with your interior palette can create a cohesive and polished look.
Similarly, selecting patterns that complement rather than compete with other design elements can add visual interest without overwhelming the space.
We recommend exploring Pinterest or home decor magazines for inspiration on how to pair different colours and patterns together. Additionally, considering popular window treatment ideas can also provide valuable insights into creating a harmonious blend of colours and patterns within your living spaces.
Consider size and shape of windows and type of shutters
When choosing plantation shutters for your home, it’s important to consider the size and shape of your windows. The type of shutters you select should complement the overall style of your home as well as the specific design of each window.
For instance, larger windows may benefit from wider louvres to create a more balanced look, while smaller windows might suit narrower louvres. Additionally, arch-shaped or uniquely shaped windows may require custom-made shutters for a perfect fit and cohesive appearance throughout your home.
Furthermore, the choice between full height, tier-on-tier, or cafe-style shutters can greatly impact both the aesthetic and functionality of your space. Full height shutters offer complete coverage and privacy when closed, while tier-on-tier options allow for individual control over top and bottom sections.
Think about functionality and practicality
When choosing plantation shutters for your home, consider the functionality and practicality they offer. Assess how well they can control light and privacy in each room. It’s important to select shutters that are easy to clean and maintain, especially if you have young children or pets.
Additionally, think about how the shutters will impact energy efficiency in your home; some designs can help insulate against heat and cold, reducing your utility bills over time.
Evaluate the practicality of plantation shutters by considering their durability and ease of use. Opt for materials that are long-lasting and able to withstand everyday wear and tear.
How to Utilise Plantation Shutters in Specific Spaces
Utilise plantation shutters on sliding glass doors, in Sacramento homes, and within the trade market for a unique and stylish look in your home decor. Want to learn more about
these creative uses of plantation shutters? Keep reading!
Sliding glass doors
Plantation shutters offer a creative solution for sliding glass doors, providing privacy and allowing for light control. Not only do they serve a functional purpose, but they also add a touch of style to the space. With their versatile design, plantation shutters are a practical and aesthetically pleasing option for any home.
- Plantation shutters on sliding glass doors provide a sleek and modern look, offering adjustable light and privacy control.
- They can also help insulate the room, making it energy efficient.
- The adjustable louvres allow you to control the amount of natural light entering the room, creating a cosy ambiance.
- Plantation shutters are durable and easy to clean, making them ideal for high – traffic areas like sliding glass doors.
When choosing plantation shutters for Sacramento homes, it’s important to consider the hot and dry climate. Opt for materials like faux wood or vinyl that can withstand the heat and are easy to clean.
These shutters not only provide privacy but also help in controlling the amount of sunlight entering your home, keeping it cool during hot days. Consider neutral colours such as white or cream to complement the warm tones of Sacramento homes and make rooms appear brighter.
In addition to their functional benefits, plantation shutters add a touch of elegance to Sacramento homes. They can enhance both traditional and modern interior design styles, offering versatility in decorating options for windows while providing a timeless appeal that adds value to your property.
In the trade market, plantation shutters are often used in home staging to enhance a property’s appeal. They can add a touch of elegance and style to different rooms, attracting potential buyers or tenants.
When considering plantation shutters for trade purposes, it’s essential to choose versatile designs that complement various interior styles and colour schemes. Additionally, using them strategically to control natural light and privacy can make a significant difference in showcasing the property’s best features.
Moving on to “Conclusion”, let’s wrap up our discussion with some final tips for making the most of plantation shutters in your home decor.
Unlock the Potential of Plantation Shutters in Home Décor – Request a Free Quote!
The use of plantation shutters in home décor extends beyond just covering windows. By thinking outside the box, you can turn these versatile pieces into stylish room dividers, headboards, or even wall art and storage.
When decorating with plantation shutters, remember to consider complementary colours and patterns for a cohesive look that enhances your space. Whether it’s for sliding glass doors or adding a touch of elegance to Sacramento homes, there are endless creative possibilities to explore with plantation shutters in interior design.
So go ahead and unleash your creativity to transform your living spaces with these innovative decorating ideas!